Monstera Deliciosa - Green/Standard
- Monstera Deliciosa is a member of the arum family Araceae. It is a species of flowering plant native to tropical rainforests of southern Mexico, south to Panama.
- Place your Monstera where it receives medium to bright, indirect light. A few feet from a southern, western, or eastern facing window is ideal.
- Monsteras prefer lightly moist soil and like to dry out a bit between waterings. Because of their aerial roots they are sensitive to overwatering. Water when the top 2 to 4 inches of soil are dry.
- A soil mixture of one part regular potting mix, one part coco coir or peat moss, and one part perlite or orchid mix is a good mix.
- Monsteras are toxic to pets.
- They are commonly propagated by stem cuttings. You have the option of rooting them in water or sticking them straight into the soil. Cuttings should be taken just after a leaf node.