- Anthurium is a species of flowering plant in the family Araceae, native to rainforest margins in Central and South America, from Panama to Peru.
- They enjoy constant humidity around 70% to 80%. They thrive in bright indirect sunlight.
- Water care: During summer, anthurium crystallinum requires more water than during any other season. You will probably have to water it a few days each week. In contrast, wintertime is allowing longer breaks between two waterings – regularly check the soil and as long as the top layer is wet, do not water it again.
- Soil Care: the best potting mix for anthurium crystallinum consists of peat moss, pine bark and perlite and it is the same for an adult plant, cuttings and seeds. To create the needed humid environment, the seed should be placed on the top of the potting mix and covered with a glass jar.
- Pet friendly: This plant contains insoluble calcium oxalate crystals similar to other plants in the Araceae family. Chewing or biting into this plant will release these crystals causing tissue penetration and irritation of the mouth. Keep away from pets.