- Philodendron Gloriosum is a species of plant in the family Araceae, genus Philodendron.
- It is a crawling, terrestrial plant, native to Colombia whose foliage is characterized by cordate and velutinous surface, pink margins, and pale green, white, or pinkish veins.
- These plants need a well-draining potting mix and like humid soil. Make sure to not overwater as soggy soil will lead to root rot.
- While philodendrons are native to tropical, frost-free areas, they will also thrive in the low humidity found in most homes. Grow philodendrons indoors in indirect light, as direct sunlight can cause burning on the leaves.
- The philodendron family, which includes Swiss cheese plant, heartleaf and fiddle-leaf philodendron, have a toxicity level of mild to moderate for cats and dogs. Oral irritation, pain and swelling of mouth, tongue and lips, excessive drooling, vomiting, difficulty swallowing.